Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Fenn

Sorry, you have had too many emotions today.

So this just happened:

image.png.9810a4387fe31351541b7dac9349686a.png

and this is terribly sad, because if we don't react to people's posts, how will they know we like them? In particular, how will Nich know that we love him if we don't react to all his posts? And how will he know that the spam guard is working if we don't test it, rigorously and regularly? We haven't got long left in here, Atomicans, so let's make it count. Make sure you reach your daily reaction limit today! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

I think it's an affront to who you are as a person, @Fenn. I'd take it as a personal insult that they won't let you be yourself. Maybe threaten to get the whole forum taken down if they don't start showing some respect. 

• Like 1

PMSL.  Can't say I've seen that.

But some forums really push the reputation thing (sort of a public way of voting up to hero etc here) and put a somewhat small limit on the number of reactions you can post.  Often they also enable the negative ones.

Personally I don't use them much here, use them a little at another haunt but generally for liking good content creation.

Gave you a Sad in sympathy, and because I've probably never used it before.

🙂

I've never much cared for the "reaction" button, sort of skirts FB which I avoid.

Cheers

• Sad 1

There’s only one way to deal with this.

Lets crack open some skulls and feast on the goo within.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 2

That truly disgusting image always reminds me of the second Indiana Jones movie.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Fenn said:

So this just happened:

image.png.9810a4387fe31351541b7dac9349686a.png

and this is terribly sad, because if we don't react to people's posts, how will they know we like them? In particular, how will Nich know that we love him if we don't react to all his posts? And how will he know that the spam guard is working if we don't test it, rigorously and regularly? We haven't got long left in here, Atomicans, so let's make it count. Make sure you reach your daily reaction limit today! 

Just want to point out that you hit the limit of 100 per day

I've raised the cap (for everyone except for Fenn)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

17 minutes ago, Nich... said:

Just want to point out that you hit the limit of 100 per day

I've raised the cap (for everyone except for Fenn)

Hey. There's a lot to like around here at the moment.... It's almost like it would be worth keeping open... 

• Like 4

thread title reminded me of certain adverts.  anyone who has seen TV in the States will know the type.

"Have you had too many emotions today? 

Ask your Doctor about Zoloft."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, @~thehung said:

thread title reminded me of certain adverts.  anyone who has seen TV in the States will know the type.

Good thing I've given up TV then...................

On 5/20/2020 at 1:08 AM, @~thehung said:

Oh, maybe that's where I'm going wrong? I've been off the Zoloft for nearly two years and I must admit, emotions will continue to occur. 

• Like 2

On 5/22/2020 at 3:28 PM, Fenn said:

Oh, maybe that's where I'm going wrong? I've been off the Zoloft for nearly two years and I must admit, emotions will continue to occur. 

Did you do a wind down or cold turkey?

my professional advice is to gradually drop from whatever dose slowly to 25mg for a few weeks, then 25mg (half the smallest presentation) every other day for a few more weeks, them maybe twice a week, then stop

the drug fulfils all the criteria for being "habituating", not because it is more-ish, but because abrupt discontinuation will definitely cause discomfort for most people

same deal applies for starting - i would invariably suggest several days on half a tablet (which may still cause nausea or agitation, classic serotonin effect, but which will usually recede after a little attenuation) before even considering a whole dose

people are so variable in response that many take "one pill" on instruction and stop because it's vile

from personal and professional experience, half is enough for some people to get a good response, for few, up to 200mg seems necessary

during my time with lymphoma and the aftermath, when it was groundhog day, i had a conversation with myself that basically asserted "if you were my patient i'd be suggesting it's time to pill up"

talked to my own doc, who agreed, but he was keen on 50mg - i tried after starting on 25 (which uncharacteristically worked instantly), and the increase to 50 was unsustainable despite 4 days of persevering - with classic headache, nausea and feeling vile

but 25 was apples... didn't stay on it more than a few months

psychiatrists recommend 6-8 months; i recommend until you feel much better, and then for at least another month.. recognising that if you stop and the situation reverts, then you stopped too soon

for mood that seems practical; for anxiety (and the dividing line is arbitrary), my clinical experience is that long term low dose is often a more beneficial protocol, barring some major personal growth or attention to actually "getting" cbt or achieving mindfulness, which many patients simply can't or don't manage

• Like 2

Some decades ago, my Doc gave me Tryptinol  ( Amitriptyline ) because I was hooked on the Valium they gave me to get me off Pethidine.

Apparently it was making me crazy (not that I noticed) so I just stopped taking it..............now THAT makes you feel weird!

Lasted about 18 months before most of it wore off and I think I still have a bit of after effects even today!

Hmm,

I know people do get addicted to Valium but I must be one of the lucky ones, I can take it or leave it. I keep it around to alleviate panic attacks from PTSD but a single script can last me a couple of years.

I latest doc has me taking Mirtazapine 15mg to help with sleep but I honestly forget to take it quite often with no noticeable problems.

I can only assume I'm not a particularly addictive personality although getting off morphine years ago could make a liar of me, that was rough...

Cheers

20 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

Some decades ago, my Doc gave me Tryptinol  ( Amitriptyline ) because I was hooked on the Valium they gave me to get me off Pethidine.

Apparently it was making me crazy (not that I noticed) so I just stopped taking it..............now THAT makes you feel weird!

Lasted about 18 months before most of it wore off and I think I still have a bit of after effects even today!

don't misinterpret your own reality as a drug effect (or withdrawals, which don't typically last for very long after you detox)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

Did you do a wind down or cold turkey?

I take SSRIs for OCD, which typically means much, much higher doses than for depression. It took about six months to gradually reduce then stop the Zoloft, another three weeks for the physical symptoms to stop, and about a year for the rest to settle. I know doctors will swear black and blue that there are no side effects after that long, but it just isn't true. Sure, the nausea, dizziness, headaches, and the worst of the brain fog do lift within days or weeks, but some things... one of the strangest effects I've ever had on an SSRI is that while on Zoloft, I lose my ability to sense the passing of time. I'm usually a person who can pop something in the oven and come back to check it every ten minutes or so until it's cooked. Or think to myself, "I've been driving for a couple of hours, I should stop soon and have a break". But while on Zoloft I don't have that. I have to set a timer for everything, even a toasted sandwich, and note the time frequently or I'll be driving for ten hours before it occurs to me to stop. I have never burnt so much food in my life as the five years or so I was on Zoloft. 

Another totally bizarre thing was that the Zoloft interacted with my Implanon (stick-in-the-arm contraceptive). Every time I missed a Zoloft I got a breakthrough bleed. Utterly, utterly bizarre. My doctors weren't able to find any solid information about it but there you go.

Zoloft has still had the least bad side effects of any SSRI I've had, mind you.

Drugs are weird, mmkay.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chrisg said:

I latest doc has me taking Mirtazapine 15mg to help with sleep but I honestly forget to take it quite often with no noticeable problems.

If you're taking it to get to sleep,  and forget to take it and still get to sleep, then why are you taking it when you remember?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nich... said:

If you're taking it to get to sleep,  and forget to take it and still get to sleep, then why are you taking it when you remember?

Because sometimes it does give me a better night's sleep, when I do remember to take it.

It's on my agenda to discuss with him but I'm not in a panic over it, it can wait until the pandemic slows off.

Cheers