Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
fr3nzy

Reflecting on Two Atomic Decades

As this curtain closes, I'm feeling a little sentimental so figured I'd share some key moments over the last 2 decades, give or take, that atomic has played a part in.

I joined here at 16, in 2001, as a naive fuckwit, and looking back on the shit I got up to, I'm not surprised I eventually got banned, I'm surprised it took so long.

Atomic helped shape me as a person, and many key life experiences were directly or indirectly a result of being an atomican.

Shit, I lost my virginity as a result of atomic! Ah, good times.

I last posted here in 2012, and life has taken me in many directions since.

Figured I'd share of my fondest memories, in no particular order:

Getting absolutely shitfaced underage at paddies on way too many occasions.

Sneaking in to some fox studios venue for atomicmeet whatever, again underaged and getting destroyed.

The drunken drive back to Juggs and Cheekies where I shouted from the back seet after Juggs was breathtested: "bullshit, test him again!"

Randomly jumping in a car with HCB and agent1337 for a road trip to atomiclan in Brisbane.

Roadtripping with Felipe and others to Broken Hill and back.

Being a groomsman at Felipe's wedding, an honour and memory I treasure!

Being slipped a valium but someone who shall remained unnamed at Jackson's on George.

Becoming a living meme due to my obsession with MDMA for a time.

Throughout it all, I was generally an insufferable cunt, but you crazy assholes accepted and tolerated me, for that I will always be thankful.

Time goes on, and we all grow up.

I'm now a functioning member of society, a commercial construction underwriter, avid scuba diver, traveller, car enthusiast (S15 4lyf), powerlifting scrub, still a massive nerd and generally tolerable human being.

Dropped the pills for single malt scotch occasionally, started focusing on my health and longevity more after a decade spent abusing my life, health and relationships throughout my 20s.

It's been a ride, and I hope you magnificent bastards are doing well!

Thanks for attending my tedtalk and I'd love to read your stories as well!

FB_IMG_1588586876350.jpg

Edited by fr3nzy
  • Like 5
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

A few photos of where I am today too! Weightlifting, diving with seals and a brief stint as a model hahaha

20200522_111553.jpg

20200522_112345.jpg

FB_IMG_1587991734388.jpg

Edited by fr3nzy
  • Like 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

7 hours ago, fr3nzy said:

Throughout it all, I was generally an insufferable cunt, but you crazy assholes accepted and tolerated me, for that I will always be thankful. 

Bonus points for surviving, regardless of cuntness state .

I can only reflect on 11 years, and those done strictly via the net.

I've pissed off lots of people .

It's a pity though, given time and the continuance of this forum I'm sure I could have pissed off moar.

I'm good at that.

Edited by eveln

34 minutes ago, Master_Scythe said:

Beautiful car, but... interesting rim choice.....

White on blue works well and they are rare enough these days - Yokohama Advan AVS5.

I actually don't like the common style on TV3 Blue S15s of Anthracite, Gunmetal, Titanium, Bronze or Black wheels.

Wheels are shoes, and should contrast the body. IE: Brown leather shoes with grey trousers, white hitops with blue jeans - but that's my aesthetic, and can't please everyone.

ummm .from a purely aesthetic view ... white rims give the appearance of innocence ... black rims always look nastee and mean, and not innocent .  Titanium / silver is sleek imo. Why don't they match the rim colour to the colour of the  car ?

Wheel colour = car colour is like a big expanse of sheet metal without a stripe, strip or colour change.  Just too much.

I agree in that wheel colour should usually contrast the body.  Or at the least be a somewhat different shade of the body colour.

For that car my preference would probably be a lightish gold or a shiny silver.  Or maybe yellow though it'd be a bit loud and cheesy.

would prefer gold rather than yellow, as you say cheesy like cheesels, and not at all cool 😛

10XF ❤️  You have come a long way my friend. You are doing so well these days!

Do you remember you and Agent 1337 called me at like midnight when you guys were leaving for the road trip up to Brisbane asking me if I wanted to go? I wanted to, but I said no at the time because I had school in the morning and I was worried my mum would flip out if she woke up in the morning and I was gone LOL. But I had always wished I just said "yeah fuck it" and went along, you only live once!! 😛 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Rybags said:

Wheel colour = car colour is like a big expanse of sheet metal without a stripe, strip or colour change.  Just too much.

I agree in that wheel colour should usually contrast the body.  Or at the least be a somewhat different shade of the body colour.

For that car my preference would probably be a lightish gold or a shiny silver.  Or maybe yellow though it'd be a bit loud and cheesy.

20 minutes ago, eveln said:

would prefer gold rather than yellow, as you say cheesy like cheesels, and not at all cool 😛

Blue and Gold is kind of a Subaru Impreza WRX (GC8), so I can't really do it to my Nissan xD

20 minutes ago, CheekyChops said:

10XF ❤️  You have come a long way my friend. You are doing so well these days!

Do you remember you and Agent 1337 called me at like midnight when you guys were leaving for the road trip up to Brisbane asking me if I wanted to go? I wanted to, but I said no at the time because I had school in the morning and I was worried my mum would flip out if she woke up in the morning and I was gone LOL. But I had always wished I just said "yeah fuck it" and went along, you only live once!! 😛 

I remember that!

Ah it's all good, we had plenty of other awesome times since though 😄

2 hours ago, fr3nzy said:

White on blue works well and they are rare enough these days - Yokohama Advan AVS5.

I actually don't like the common style on TV3 Blue S15s of Anthracite, Gunmetal, Titanium, Bronze or Black wheels.

Wheels are shoes, and should contrast the body. IE: Brown leather shoes with grey trousers, white hitops with blue jeans - but that's my aesthetic, and can't please everyone.

I love the colour, but I've just never agreed with the rarity==cool statement.

It's all personal preference, I just really dislike the shape.

Though I'm a sucker for all the usual suspects like RPF1's and Meisters, Watanabe and what not.

Just because they've "been done" doesn't mean they're not good.

My favorite rims of all time though, are Enkei Big End Barrel!

6 minutes ago, Master_Scythe said:

I love the colour, but I've just never agreed with the rarity==cool statement.

It's all personal preference, I just really dislike the shape.

Though I'm a sucker for all the usual suspects like RPF1's and Meisters, Watanabe and what not.

Just because they've "been done" doesn't mean they're not good.

My favorite rims of all time though, are Enkei Big End Barrel!

I guess it's a good thing they are on my car and not yours then 🙂

I like Meisters, RPF-1 belong on SW20s, and watanabes on anything but an S30, S13, TA22 or RA23 etc are generally rubbish.

My favs would be LMGT2s.