Sign in to follow this  
casperog

A Working Fix For Fallout3's Main Problem

ever notice random crashes in rooms ? or just walking around the place ? or got up to tranquility lane and noticed its impossible to play ?... well for a majority of us its because Bethesda has little Quad Core support (so im told)

The ini file you want to edit is the one in your /Documents/My Games/Fallout3 folder and it's called fallout.ini

bUseThreadedAI=1

iNumHWThreads=2

in General Section

It's worked for me and i hope it works for you guys aswell :)

Edited by casperog

My quad core crashes every now and again, but funnily enough only at the beginning of the game, no-where past Megaton. Might try out this 'fix', I'll be sure to make back-up files though. I wonder who figured this out?

well most people had this issue so i chucked up the solution for people... it sure helped me out now the game is playable again!!! i had most of my issues around LVL 15

a few things I've read have shown the thread .ini fix to do little, if anything. It can actually make systems even more unstable. Never had a problem with my quad core setup either.

well most people had this issue so i chucked up the solution for people... it sure helped me out now the game is playable again!!! i had most of my issues around LVL 15

Yeah, I wasn't meaning to seem ungrateful... just mentioning that it must be only some quad core systems that are having a problem.

Cheers.

Q6600 here.

Had 1 crash.. EVER.

Exits normally.

No .ini hacking from me.

I ensured I has latest version on NVidia drivers and latest distribution of Directx10. Also ensured that my crappy onboard sound (Realtek) had the latest codec downloaded from the Realtek website.

Works perfectly.

AD

I have a q6600, worked OK for me. It did crash, but not in a 'game destroying' way, and not in anyway that could be traced back to the processor. I'd say that Windows Shitster or nVidia were the culprits.

Fallout 3 Crashes for me quite a lot.

Kinda ruins the game in a few ways. Unfortuntely the most Ive done wtih the game was draw on a texta moustache on the collectors edition bobble head for Movember