Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
alexlim2000

Eclipse & GUI Desgin?

Hi guys, I'm deving a java program i'd like to start building a GUI for. I;ve built it using eclipse, and would very much like to stick with eclipse if possible.

Anyone able to recommend eclipse plugins to help with this?

I'm not too fussed if it is with SWT, AWT, or Swing.

Also, anyone know if theres a framework that allows production of both java apps (as in client side only, standard apps), and web apps? (All under one framework, for easier production / reuse)

Thanks guys

Hi guys, I'm deving a java program i'd like to start building a GUI for. I;ve built it using eclipse, and would very much like to stick with eclipse if possible.

Anyone able to recommend eclipse plugins to help with this?

I'm not too fussed if it is with SWT, AWT, or Swing.

Also, anyone know if theres a framework that allows production of both java apps (as in client side only, standard apps), and web apps? (All under one framework, for easier production / reuse)

Thanks guys

There's a semi-decent GUI builder for eclipse called Jigloo.

Personally, I found nothing that compared to the GUI building capabilities of the new Netbeans. Its fantastically easy, i cant reccomend it too highly for GUIs. Eclipse is a better editor than netbeans, but netbeans has come a loooong way from its bad old days. It of course will not do SWT.

Also, if its an open source project you could use the QT bindings for java, QT Jambi, with its associated GUI builder plugin.

EDIT: I think netbeans can now import Eclipse projects, but i could be wrong.

Edited by dave_blob