Sign in to follow this  
Dasa

Damaged SD card recovery failed is there any hope?

The card went from working fine to saying needs to be formatted when in pc or camera

I have searched the net for a fix and found someone recommending (PC Inspector smart recovery) as it had worked for them

unfortunately this is all it did for me none of the photos are viewable

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/dasa0...coverdlfash.jpg

The card is a 1gb laser sd but it now its reported as a ~500m card in the above program

Thanks

http://www.runtime.org/

right hand side:

get data back for ntfs\fat.

whatever format the card WAS in.

Oh also, that can just be a corrupted compressed image.

If the camera used JPG or something.

What you can do is try and find an app that will repair said corrupted images, OR find a better image viewer. I often find things that windows says are corrupt open OK in Paint.Net or THe Gimp.

Edited by Master_Scythe

I use a program time and time again which has never failed me. Hard drives or cards, this thing has been fantastic. Every time I have tried something else I always end up falling back to this.

http://www.data-recovery-software.net/

I had a friend who went for a trip to Italy. Thinking he was doing the right thing while over there, he popped his card out of the camera and gave it to someone to backup to CD. The card started doing the same thing your describing.

While some of the photos were unrecoverable, I got back about 98% of them using the program above and an external card reader.

tried those programs they found the files like the last program i tried but once again the files were just to corrupt although the recovered files size was more consistent this time

i tried a jpg repair program (pixrecovery) but none of the photos i tried to repair were viewable

paint.net had no more luck opening the files than windows

guess my sis will be disappointed at losing the photos and probably wont use the cheap flash cards she was given as much

oh well thanks for your help

First thing I would've done would've been to take a drive iamge of it, make a copy of the image, so you've got an original and another you can fuck about with, and still have the SD card to fall back to later, too.

TestDisk sounds like it works fairly well at recovering corrupted partitions and the like.

And yeah, gotta avoid those cheap SD cards. I always splash out and buy the non-cheap $7 Kingston or $9 Sandisk cards.

If the memory card is not recognized in the PC or it is impossible to access the data on it, the controller on the card is damaged. There is only one way to get the data back, unsolder memory chips and directly access their raw data with a programable chip reader. Software can't help, that is a physical damage! Have a look at: SD card photo recovery