Sign in to follow this  
wingnut0021

A collectors edtion worth getting

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/12/09/street...-ray-and-ryu-f/

We all know how it is -- game companies release different versions of the same game in hopes of enticing collectors into buying multiple versions. Capcom is doing the same for Street Fighter IV; but mere mortals like us can only afford one version. So which one do you choose?

Clearly, the superior version is the PS3 one. It comes with a Ryu figurine (instead of uh, Crimson Viper), a CD soundtrack, a Blu-ray disc (instead of a "game disc," which presumably can only be played on the 360) with the full anime movie and promotional trailers, a Prima hint book with illustrations by Udon and access to some unspecified downloadable content. Finally, if you pre-order from GameStop, you'll also receive a Ryu headband.

And for once, we can all be jealous of Europe: their collector's edition includes both figurines.

Now dont fret 360 owners, like it says we (yes, we count as europe for some reason) is getting both figures in the one kit. Only difference would be the blu ray, 360 would get a "game disc"

So what you get is

-The game

-The movie

-Some DLC

-Ryu

-Crimson Viper

-Prima Book

-Headband (eb maybe?)

Edited by wingnut0021

Hang on ... so the 360 doesn't get the movie or DLC?

Yes it does, but its not on a regular DVD, its on a 360 game disc like they did with gears of war 2

Sorry if i typed something wrong

Edited by wingnut0021

So the BRD movie is a separate disc that comes with the PS3 version? If not, how is that different to the 360 game disc being a DVD?

meh, I'll get the game the same way I got my dreamcast: five years down the track with bunch of games/controllers for $200 off eBay.

What he is saying is the the 360 version is not a dvd movie, and not able to be played on stand alone dvd players (ie only on the 360), while the PS3 version is a BRD, able to be played on other BRD players.

That being said, it's a extremely moot point. Can't imagine too many people with a stand alone player AND a PS3, so both are pretty much limited to be played on their respective console. Not to mention the care factor.

So the BRD movie is a separate disc that comes with the PS3 version? If not, how is that different to the 360 game disc being a DVD?

meh, I'll get the game the same way I got my dreamcast: five years down the track with bunch of games/controllers for $200 off eBay.

It comes down to one being HD and one not (or maybe 720p)

Wouldn't they just use WMVHD?

Yeah but it wouldnt be 1080, plus it would be compressed to arse

I thought the compression was such that you could fit a feature-length 1080p movie in ~4GB. Maybe I'm just dreaming, maybe it was 720p, maybe I'm crazy.

*shrug* /goes back to playing SSX Blur

Wouldn't they just use WMVHD?

Yeah but it wouldnt be 1080, plus it would be compressed to arse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WMV_HD Why wouldn't it be 1080?

And why would you assume it would be 'compressed to arse'?

Meh.

Decent package I guess, at least the figures look decent enough, but not interested in the game, so t'ain't worth buyin for me.

I don't think I ever get Collectors Editions much any more. Got the Oblivion one... yay, a coin. Oh and I think there was a map? Or was that just Morrowind...

Meh.

Decent package I guess, at least the figures look decent enough, but not interested in the game, so t'ain't worth buyin for me.

I don't think I ever get Collectors Editions much any more. Got the Oblivion one... yay, a coin. Oh and I think there was a map? Or was that just Morrowind...

They all come with maps

Meh.

They all come with maps

And a paper map at that. Cloth or dont bother imo