Sign in to follow this  
0Cyrus0

360 not playing some DVDs

For a while now I've noticed that quite a few of my DVDs do not work properly in my xbox 360. The console recognises the discs, and leaves the dashboard, but gets stuck on the blue screen which appears when my TV doesn't have any video input. The thing is, while there is no video, I can hear the sound when the DVD gets to the menu.

This also happens on my housemate's xbox, but my standalone DVD player has no problem playing any of the DVDs.

Off the top of my head, I recall two Ricky Gervais Live discs not working(Animals and Politics), and I've just bought The Dark Knight, and that's not working either.

PS: I wasn't sure if the Troubleshooting forum was for PC problems only, so apologies if this thread should be in there.

Try changing resolutions to see if you can get video. Also, when was the last time you hooked up to LIVE and got an update?

Very odd indeed.

I might try my DVD copy of Dark Knight in my XBox 360 some time (bought both the Blu-ray version and the limited edition shirt edition too - Number 0006 :D).

I've never encountered a locally bought DVD that the XBox can't play. Even stranger that it won't play in your housemates XBox (Is it XBox or XBox 360?)

I'd try an update as muffie suggested.

It's connected to our network, and both are completely up to date, NXE and all. And i've tried all available resolutions (480p/720p/1080i)

The fact that it happens on both Xboxes (360s, I might add) makes me think it's a problem down the line (cables/component hub/TV), but that doesn't explain the DVD player working perfectly fine.