Sign in to follow this  
chunky18887

Audioengine A5 back in stock!

The first company to bring out a reasonably priced soundcard that includes room calibration and speaker placement software bundled up will sell a shitload of them.

That's true, the DEQX and the budget DEQ from Behringer are all the rage lately...

Edited by datafast69

I suppose one of the MOST annoying things about the A2 is the volume button is at the back making it hard to adjust the volume all the time.

I would love a S8 at this point in time, I agree the bass should be awesome compared to a A5.

I really don't know how to calibrate i'm new to all this sound stuff!!

But I went around couldn't even find a S8 today, anyone know if anyone has one in Sydney?

I'm not sure where to get the sub from, I would have thought the same distributor would have had them available to retailers by now.

You don't adjust the volume from the speaker.

You set it to the maximum volume you may use, then control the volume from your computer or preamp.

You don't adjust the volume from the speaker.

You set it to the maximum volume you may use, then control the volume from your computer or preamp.

Can't do that unfortunately, it seems to give me wierd volumes from different applications (i.e. MSN alert sounds, Warcraft, to WMP)

all of them sound different at their max volumes, WMP is too loud compared to say MSN and Warcraft is WAY too loud.

Yeh I would have thought the S8 is in stock. I heard at Newtown there was a pair of A2's around so im going to go check that retailer out. If they still have it at pre exchange rate prices im down to buy that and have a spair pair

What sound card have you got?

Just a plain SB audigy

They're OK.

You should be able to get an extended Creative control panel up on the task bar.

wicked digital has it for $649

http://www.wickeddigital.com.au/audioengin...ker-system.html

bit too dear for me..i think i'm going to pass, save up and buy a decent bookshelf instead.

Decent?

Grab these after you save some more

http://www.atcloudspeakers.com.au/modern/scm20-2.html

;)

But realistically I think It's a good idea, at least you will have more options in speaker/amp combination, not to mention the upgrade path :)

looks decent..

/scrolls down

$10995!!!!

yea..upgrading is the idea..i've looked around and found ushers bookshelf..looks pretty decent and good value too.. =)

Yeah, it was tongue in cheek how I linked the ATC speakers, very nice though :)

If by Usher's, you are referring to the BE-718's.........please look at the rest of the Usher range, I have heard the BE-718's and IMO they are over rated, my ML1's eat them and are several hundred less in cost :P

They have better models and I would even go for the Usher V-601 Floorstanding speakers, they sounded very good and at a fraction of the price.

Edited by datafast69

If by Usher's, you are referring to the BE-718's.........please look at the rest of the Usher range, I have heard the BE-718's and IMO they are over rated, my ML1's eat them and are several hundred less in cost :P

They have better models and I would even go for the Usher V-601 Floorstanding speakers, they sounded very good and at a fraction of the price.

well I haven't been able to find the S8 anywhere so i guess im quite stuck at the subwoofter leve.

Have you talked to the Australian distributor for Audioengine ?

Maybe they can help

http://www.vistra.com.au/

Edit:I have sent them an email requesting info on purchasing an A8.

Guess what

I emailed them as well and the guy replied saying he had a demo (only used for 1 hr) for sale for $630. I snapped it up straight away. Listening to it now.

IT IS AWESOME WITH THE A2

now i gotta think about the neighbours

damn

That must be why he didn't reply to me :P

Sounds like it was just what you needed, congrats.

Now replace all the MP3's with wave rips ;)

I wouldn't worry about the neighbours, they will move soon enough :D

That must be why he didn't reply to me :P

Sounds like it was just what you needed, congrats.

Now replace all the MP3's with wave rips ;)

I wouldn't worry about the neighbours, they will move soon enough :D

slowly getting there. the bass is insane i must admit, the whole house can hear it

Actually i was referring to the Usher S-520, i think it's usher's entry level bookshelf speakers. :'(

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/speaker...-speaker-review

bbjai, what type of music are you listening with the A2?

i'm so tempted to get this A5..

*sigh*

dBUG, I think the S-520's are pretty good from what I hear from people.

If you can, listen to a few speakers on your short list before you decide on a purchase.

Actually i was referring to the Usher S-520, i think it's usher's entry level bookshelf speakers. :'(

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/speaker...-speaker-review

bbjai, what type of music are you listening with the A2?

i'm so tempted to get this A5..

*sigh*

The reason why i bought the S8 is because i mostly listen to R&B and Hip Hop music, so i basically need alot of bass. Which the A2's don't really provide in spades. The A5's i'm told do give you a fair bit, and listening to the reference ones at the distributor i think it would have been the cheaper option for me. However this setup gives me more flexibility especially for like parties and things like that

Well I've finally got mine. They had to sit at the post office for a few days until I could convince my manager to let me come in late so I could grab these.

Aside from one of those silica gel packets exploding and getting little beads all throught out the box, I'm loving these.

You know how when you get new speakers you turn them up way too loud, just to see what they will do? Well on these the volume knob starts at 6 o'clock and I haven't had it past 9, it's ridiculous how much power these tiny speakers have.

Now I need to go buy a decent sound card. It seems as though the Auzentech Prelude X-Fi or the Asus Xonar D2 are the cards of the moment. Any opinions?

Edited by chunky18887

can i ask you guys a quick question

my S8 keeps like making all these belching noises, I'm not really sure where its coming from. It does it even when nothing is connected and only the power is on. It does it in standby it does it when active. I can't work it out. It didn't do that yesterday :(

my S8 keeps like making all these belching noises, I'm not really sure where its coming from. It does it even when nothing is connected and only the power is on. It does it in standby it does it when active. I can't work it out. It didn't do that yesterday :(

Could be a faulty cap but I'd contact the supplier immediately.

Well I've finally got mine. They had to sit at the post office for a few days until I could convince my manager to let me come in late so I could grab these.

Aside from one of those silica gel packets exploding and getting little beads all throught out the box, I'm loving these.

You know how when you get new speakers you turn them up way too loud, just to see what they will do? Well on these the volume knob starts at 6 o'clock and I haven't had it past 9, it's ridiculous how much power these tiny speakers have.

Now I need to go buy a decent sound card. It seems as though the Auzentech Prelude X-Fi or the Asus Xonar D2 are the cards of the moment. Any opinions?

What do you REALLY want to use them for?

Could be a faulty cap but I'd contact the supplier immediately.

well that be hard to fix or take long to fix?

It does those sounds on all my different power supplies :(