Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
chunky18887

Audioengine A5 back in stock!

Only wish they had the A2's in stock, the A5's seem abit out of my price range. Especially considering they are missing a sub and a strong low end.

Archi, I don't understand the above?

The A2's frequency response is not as extended as the A5's, so they would need a sub, more so.

Archi, I don't understand the above?

The A2's frequency response is not as extended as the A5's, so they would need a sub, more so.

Yeah but they are cheaper. Just for the price of the A5's i would expect a sub, considering i have read reviews that it can come up abit short.

The Audioengine sub is priced at $399USD, by the web site, be a little more after importing, best i can find here is $869.00 for the sub.

For what the A5's are, I wouldn't expect any more for the money. Frequency response:50Hz-22kHz +/-1.5dB, that is good for a powered speaker of that size and quality/price point.

For a sub to be included at that price point, you need to go for lesser quality sacrificing the quality of the mid and upper range as well as the quality of the low range.

I would rather no sub than have a shitty one, not to even mention sacrificing the rest too :P

Would need to look at the likes of Logitech ect, for a sub included for less than $500.

I guess a lot depends on what you are looking for too, and what you want to do with them...as well as what quality you are after.

Edited by datafast69

I can but in for this conversation

I am so tempted to buy a pair of A5s for spares. In answer to your question I hav a pair of A2s and a S8 sub from Audioengine. The A5 have more then sufficient bass and in some cases probably clearer sound then say a logitech pair with the sub. It competes with a pair of Z5500 (having heard both) and as a pair of speakers its the best in its class. Its a good combo for your desktop if you want it to double as your ipod speakers. I don't think it needs a sub to be honest. Its quite bassy as it is given its speaker size you need to hear it to believe it

Hay, mate :)

I bet the bass with that A8 is not in the least bit boomy like the Logitech speakers.

Nice to know that the A5's perform well down low, without help :)

Edited by datafast69

Hay, mate :)

I bet the bass with that A8 is not in the least bit boomy like the Logitech speakers.

Nice to know that the A5's perform well down low, without help :)

aahahah the bass is unreal

I'm listening to Hip Hop Police right this minute, it craps all over logitech system.

I'd say the A5's perform similar to one with better highs

:)

You like that sub, mate ;)

I'm sure that while the bass on the A5's don't go as low as say, the Z5500's, the bass from the A5's would be cleaner, more accurate, and more tuneful.

Edited by datafast69