Sign in to follow this  
jamesski

360 or PS3

Hello Everyone. Think i might invest in a Console was thinking a 360 or PS3. I am leaning towards a 360 because it is cheaper and the games are cheaper and have a broader range of games available. Can any of you console fanboys try and convince me otherwise and get a PS3.

EB currently have a special on a 360 http://www.ebgames.com.au/Xbox/product.cfm?ID=12802

James

This has the makings of a really nice, intellectual thread.

My vote is for 360.

Mainly for XNA.

Secondly, there's more exclusive games on it that I want to play.

To be honest the 360 hits the sweet spot price wise and especially this time of the year everything has a package of some kind OR alternatively wait til boxing day and see can u get like major specials but i highly doubt it for electronics.

Anyways my vote goes to the 360 as its cheap and hope to god no red ring of death :P

Do you want to play online?

X-Box seems to work better but you pay for it.

PS3 seems to suck depending on what time of day you are playing, response times can be pretty annoying the headsets also don't seem to work as well.

Flip a coin.

Either way, you're going to get great technology with some awesome multi-format games.

As has been said in the 3,576 other threads of this type, take a look at which system has the exclusives you want the most, and go for that.

Edited by Dapper_Dan

If Blu Ray doesn't get you excited & most games you want are on the X360, then it's a pretty easy choice.

(Not sure about games being cheaper though. Haven't looked hard at X360 titles, but I thought they were around the same price as those on PS3..)

Go where the games are.

Go to where the most reliable get made to play for free and full 1080P HD picture and not have worry about a system that breaks or catches on fire and sets your house up in flames every god dam day ;) (Jokes)

=

Get a system that rocks your boat, offers you the service and games you want to play. Either system is a valid purchase, what ever you choose make sure its the one that makes you happy most ;)

Edited by index680i

Go where the games are.

Go to where the most reliable get made to play for free and full 1080P HD picture and not have worry about a system that breaks or catches on fire and sets your house up in flames every god dam day ;) (Jokes)

=

Get a system that rocks your boat, offers you the service and games you want to play. Either system is a valid purchase, what ever you choose make sure its the one that makes you happy most ;)

Dont get me started on game rendering resolutions, seems you dont really know much about it

Hello Everyone. Think i might invest in a Console was thinking a 360 or PS3. I am leaning towards a 360 because it is cheaper and the games are cheaper and have a broader range of games available. Can any of you console fanboys try and convince me otherwise and get a PS3.

EB currently have a special on a 360 http://www.ebgames.com.au/Xbox/product.cfm?ID=12802

James

http://www.game.com.au/ConsoleDeals/Xbox360

Deal 4

Best deal around at the moment - hit that up right now and you'll be a very happy man over the Christmas holidays :)

Go where the games are.

=

Dont get me started on game rendering resolutions, seems you dont really know much about it

You can't take a joke when you see it ay?

^ This is what I said serious.

Go where the games are.

Go to where the most reliable get made to play for free and full 1080P HD picture and not have worry about a system that breaks or catches on fire and sets your house up in flames every god dam day ;)

is what he said before the edit by the way...

Your taking the piss? right.

No way. Brilliant library of games, great online service and a very cheap entry fee.

Dreamcast 4 life.

Go where the games are.

Go to where the most reliable get made to play for free and full 1080P HD picture and not have worry about a system that breaks or catches on fire and sets your house up in flames every god dam day ;)

is what he said before the edit by the way...

Yeah I did edit but thats what its there for ;)

Im with Ug Lee, Dreamcast all the way. Best console ever made in my opinion. /waits for fanboys attack

I especially liked the sega bass fishing with the fishing rod controller - hours of fun!!!

Oh and of course phantasy star online and Soul Calibre to name a couple of extras...

Edited by phatbeat

If you want fanboyism to influence your console choice, you are simply doomed to failure from day one.

Just get both.

No you noob that's not how it works! We're meant to argue in circles until the poor bastard decides he's better off with neither! :P

Your taking the piss? right.

No way. Brilliant library of games, great online service and a very cheap entry fee.

Dreamcast 4 life.

I should have been a bit clearer, my response was to the whole 360 Vs PS3 thread. Its been done to death.

I own a Dreamcast and agree with you, Fantastic console.

Got myself a 360yesterday. Is there anyway to use the headset that came with the 360 as headphones for the game or is the headset used for talking

my XBOX live id is : jamessk1