sUpEr gEEk

Which size HDD should I get

I was wondering which size HDD I should get I am thinking either the SEAGATE ST3750630AS (750GB 32MB cache) $152 or the Seagate ST31000340AS (1TB 32MB Cache) $185 the pc that is the hdd is goin into will be a file server, PVR, and I am also going to store Acronis (ghost)images of 2 or 3 pc's as well as I am going to store game images on it (alcohol 120).

I am leaning more on the 1TB

Thank you

sUpEr gEEk

Edited by sUpEr gEEk

Its a bit much of a muchness isnt it? I mean, your talking almost identical hardware here and the price is about the same. I mean $30 extra for 250GB. Id pay that considering that youd be paying twice that for a HDD of about that size. Id go the 1TB considering you are already leaning that way.

well samsung drives run cooler, faster, and more reliably than other brands. however they have the shortest warranty. but i preffer them not to fail, than to have a long waranty.

they're about $89 for a 640GB drive, you want 2 of these.

why? 640GB is the most you can fit on 2 platters inside the drive. which is good, it makes it SIGNIFICANTLY faster.

so for under $200, which is clearly your budget, you get more space, and faster drives.

I ended up getting a 500GB 32MB cache Seagate sata it will do me until after I get a tv capture card and then it still might be enough if not I will buy another 500GB then if I need to.

Edited by sUpEr gEEk