Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
robzy

Top Gear Australia preview

as long as its better than other aussie car shows then ill watch. not that it will be hard to achieve that, but the reason so many people here watch top gear UK in the first place is because our car shows lick the big ones.

i think the show will have to be viewed in a slightly different light than the UK one, as our motoring cultures are so different. Aussies love their big v8s, not something pommies do as a religion like we do here.

So, with the local version (including. no doubt, The Stig's australian cousinThe Bazza) screening at 7:30 tonight, whence has the UK version gone/going?

So, with the local version (including. no doubt, The Stig's australian cousinThe Bazza) screening at 7:30 tonight, whence has the UK version gone/going?

Wait, what? According to Rybags it's two weeks away.

[edit]: It is the UK Version airing tonight. Summary form yourtv.com.au:

In never before seen Top Gear, British Tory MP Boris Johnson drives the reasonably priced Liana. Even if his lap-time is unremarkable, the boys are sure he'll spin that to be a good thing. Then, Jeremy tests the new XJ - the looks haven't changed much, but it's all new underneath, and much better for it. So much better that Jeremy keeps driving until he runs out of road. This instalment also features another Jaguar - a one-off special called the XKR-R. It's a tuned XK with racing suspension, seats, a roll bar and even a stash spot for your helmet."

Rob.

Didn't Top Gear UK do an epp or two in Australia as well?

Not that I know of, unless it was one of the early 1990s ones before the current team got together.

You'd reckon they would have - we have enough cars unique to our market to warrant it. And, they've got enormous scope for challenges.

But now, the ball's in our court.

As for going to live eps, I think I posted a link about 6 weeks ago - I'd guess that they're probably filming the audience part of the show 2-3 weeks before they go to air.

Although it looks like top gear (congratulations uncredited DoP; the cameramen haven't quite gotten the artistic nuisances of Top Gear down yet or the editor left them out of the promo) the hosts don't do it for me. This is a problem. They should have cut about 3 times the amount of lines in that promo than they did, because now I just think they're trying to hide something.

And the token laughing girl didn't say anything. Axe (bone?) her.

I really so want to see it do well. Not asking for UK brilliance, just to see it work and get better.

See how it goes, I suppose.

Car shows are very hit and miss and do depend a lot on personalities.

Just look at Fifth Gear - similar to Top Gear so far as format and the type of things they do, but boring as batshit because the hosts are just... err... boring.

Totally agree. The personality of the presenters is %80 of the show.