Sign in to follow this  
tresurehunt

new ATI DRIVERS 8.12 probs.

when i installed the new drivers for my 4870x2 it disabled one of my display adapters,i hope this isnt a ongoing issue with ATI as its my first card from them ,i had no issues with nvidia at all,

i had to clean out all other ati stuff and use the 8.11,all ok now.and yes i tried refreshing the adapter as well,cheers.

when i installed the new drivers for my 4870x2 it disabled one of my display adapters,i hope this isnt a ongoing issue with ATI as its my first card from them ,i had no issues with nvidia at all,

i had to clean out all other ati stuff and use the 8.11,all ok now.and yes i tried refreshing the adapter as well,cheers.

Yep ati drivers need to be cleaned out before installing the latest drivers from them. But nvidia seems to be more tolerant of installing new drivers over old ones.

8.12's work perfectly for me, if you like nvidia go back to them because people who don't like something but put up with it will always complain about nigly problems

8.12's work perfectly for me, if you like nvidia go back to them because people who don't like something but put up with it will always complain about nigly problems

thats why your a champion nesquick,i was actually after some help ,why this current driver is playing up.

any more detail?

and what do you mean when you say it it disabled one of your display adapters?

i have installed 8.12 twice for my 4870x2 with not problems onece over cat 8.11 and now on a fresh install of vista 64bit

Edited by Dasa

every time i install the new driver i can only get 1 of my 2 display adapters working and my screen is very dark?

when i roll it back to the old driver its alright?

thats why your a champion nesquick,i was actually after some help ,why this current driver is playing up.

help hat on*

http://www.google.com

hat off*

:P

I hate it when ATI's drivers go all weird. especially when it says it's own driver doesn't support the hardware.

Just use the 8.11's for now as they perform really well anyway.

I only get occasional problems with drivers on vista but when i was using XP all my ati cards ran flawlessly so I always blame vista for most problems.

my 4970 x2 fan just went back wards on me in CCC 0% is really 100% and and 100% is zero

this is also in riva tuner the fans still blows the right way but the setting are now borked this has just happened like 2 mins ago have had 8.12 running for about a week now

and the comps been on all day temps are fine have restarted it just thought i'd tell everyone thats all due to being completly out of the blue ?:/

----

well with a reset everything is back to normalbut till was very odd.

Edited by Darkmatter

You'll always have "some" problems with your computer, no matter what components you use, that's just a fact.

As for helping, unfortunately there are 2 options, do a complete clean of the drivers with Driver Cleaner Pro, after uninstalling your current ones, and then reinstall. Or Use the previous drivers.

for Driver cleaner Pro - Do the Following:

• Download DCP to desktop.
  • Uninstall Current ATI Drivers.
  • Reboot into Safe Mode.
  • Run DCP and clean all ATI software.
  • Reboot in normal Mode.
  • Reinstall Drivers.

Cheers dude, hope it works out for you.

Edited by Fat_Bodybuilder

there seems to be a few people on the net that have ha this problem with cat 8.12 and 4870x2 most have just gone back to 8.11 and all is well

from what i have read using driver cleaner ect. hasnt helped anyone with this problem

I just had a similar problem with my Fathers HTPC

He is running a Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H and I just put in a HD 3450 to run Hybrid crossfire

With the 8.12s the on-board stopped working (with the same message as Treasurehunt) so no crossfire, but when I went back to 8.11 everything was peachy.

Edited by SHADOWofmyformerself