Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
orinjuse

Corrupt InDesign file fix

I've been plagued with corrupt InDesign CS3 files from my design guys for a while now - sometimes they would work fine, sometimes they wouldn't open. I've just discovered a neat little fix, though, so I thought I'd share it.

On my Mac (OS X 10.4) I was getting the message "Cannot open file blah. Adobe Indesign may not support the file format..." These were files downloaded from our company FTP server. I've been having similar problems with files in email that would be stripped of all file information and wouldn't open.

I've found that cutting the .indd file extension off the bad files, and then opening them with Stuffit Expander gives me a lovely clean Indesign file that opens without any hassles.

I'm not sure why it happens, but that's how to fix it.

Cats are one of the best software in the world that can repair corrupted, damaged, or inaccessible INDD document and recover all the design elements applied to create that file. The finally repaired file keeps the origin components, such as layers, Images, Text, Media Objects, Notes & Footnotes, Tables, TOC, Bookmarks, Hyperlinks, intact. You can also preview the repaired file before saving it. More Information

Edited by Chaos.Lady

Desperation stakes here... troll for ancient threads relating to corrupt files in order to get a word in about your malware.

Yep, apparently they are either incredibly well prepared and organised or seriously desperate. Or both.

In order to recover the corrupted InDesign file and solve the error most preferable option would be to make use of some third part reliable software in order to fix corrupted InDesign documents and best choice for this is InDesign File Repair Tool. It recovers all elements including Text, layers, Tables, Images, Notes, Media Objects, Footnotes, Bookmarks, TOC, Cross-references, Hyperlinks, Special Characters, Standard Shapes, Animation and so on.

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

To fix such corruption issue occurred in your InDesign document I would like to suggest you to use InDesign repair tool. As it is best suited tool to recover Adobe InDesign files such as INDD, INDT and INDB on Windows PC. Besides this the software restores many other files such as Microsoft Office files documents (DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, PDF, XLSX, HTML, TXT etc), audio files, pictures, video files and other file type based on unique file signature scan on windows PC.