Sign in to follow this  
MageFinal

A good graphics card for PC Halo 2

I need a good graphics card to run Halo 2 well so i can play the campaign properly without freezing. I currently have a Pentium 4 3.2Ghz with 1.5 gig ram and a 9600 pro. I need a graphics card that will work in a AGP8X slot, i was looking at the 2400 pro as it outpreforms the X700 which is the recommend video card for Halo. What graphics card would run this game well in the ATI brand and can be used in the AGP8X slot.

I believe that there were versions of the ATI 3800 series that are made for AGP. I was running Halo 1 on an old ATI Radeon 9550 card although I would recommend something better if you can.

I'm not sure where you are located by I managed to find an ATI Radeon 3650 for $125 at Umart in Milton (Brisbane). I'm sure you could find a similar deal either in your area or online. I'm almost positive that you can get a 3850 in an AGP variant too...

Found a review on the atomic site of one http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/Review/109070,...-at-25-fps.aspx . Like I said you should be able to find one locally.

Maybe the AGPx8 x1650pro from Ati will work for you. (Ive used it b4, does the job nicely)

Better yet, the ati x3650 released this year, beats the x700 by far. And is easier to find. EG:MSY Have x1650 and x3650, but no 1900xt's or 3850 agp's.

$$

Edited by StoolSample