smakme7757

Speedtest.net - How fast is your ISP?

Posted Image

Upload speeds are woeful IMO. Takes me hours to upload a good set of about 150 photos. I am happy with download speeds though.

Edited by strifus

Posted Image

I've been having issues with my service , on and off, for the last month. I've got the Bigpond tech going to the exchange tomorrow, then coming here to see if he can fix the problem. I'm normally getting around 12.5 to 13Mbps. Over the last moth it's fluctuated between 2 and 9Mbps.

Also,

Posted Image

I win. Go home kiddies.

What the shit??!!! Where are you where you're pulling those kinds of speeds?

Going through the posts itt is making me sad.

Edited by disolusiond

Posted Image

What I'm having to put up with after moving to Cairns. I want my NZ VDSL back.

Telstra tech just left.

Posted Image

This is actually off. The tech said I'm getting 16.3. My modem is also showing 16.3. And Oz Broadband Speed Test is showing 17.5. ookla always shows a lower speed than my modem is reading.

Oh, Kikz, I'm not jealous at all but I have a sudden urge to play with chemistry and you and chlorine and brake fluid.

Damn that's fast!

Did I mention unlimited downloads. Admittedly this is a work Telstra gigabit Fibre connection, but that speed test was taken from my work desktop, where i'm permitted to download whatever I want whenever I want.

Oh, Kikz, I'm not jealous at all but I have a sudden urge to play with chemistry and you and chlorine and brake fluid.

Damn that's fast!

Did I mention unlimited downloads. Admittedly this is a work Telstra gigabit Fibre connection, but that speed test was taken from my work desktop, where i'm permitted to download whatever I want whenever I want.

So the australian internet model is still using download limits? I had of hoped they would have cut that out a few years ago. The only plans with download limits here are mobile internet devices with 3/4G.

The pricing model here is that you pay for how much speed you need.

As an example, my ISP:

I've got Fiber, so i can choose 25/25, 50/50 or 100/100 as a home user.

If i had coaxial then it would be 25/5 50/10 and 100/10.

No download limits.

I prefer that model, it's just so much more consumer friendly i think. I hadted going over my Optusnet download limit when i lived in Melbourne. Drove me nuts :P