Sign in to follow this  
Athiril

Nikon zoom choices for the D90

In case Canon does not bring out video in their next camera I will be mr angry head, but I thought I might research plan B's.

I might have to get a D90, which means lenses, as I cant adapt any current lenses I own (pity) to Nikon (well I could make one for my Zuiko's as long as I dont want infinite focus, and Im getting a suitable zoom lens that stays at the same focus point when you change the zoom... zuiko 65-200mm f/4).

So what would be good lenses for video making with this?

Been looking at the 18-100mm (or is it 18-105mm?)

Otherwise I can get video (hopefully 720p/24 (or better) like the D90) on the Olympus micro 4/3rds when it comes out and use my Zuiko's on that.

To be honest, unless you find lenses with specific video features and adapt them to the Nikon mount, I reckon it'll end up being the same lenses that are good for still photography. There are things video lenses need that a lot of still lenses just don't focus on; steady or servo zoom, parfocal, that kind of thing.

I think the old Nikkor 80-200 f2.8 was parfocal, but don't quote me. Something like that could be a good bet.

As orinjuse said, the best lenses for still work will be the best for video work. Just remember that it's manual focus all the way...