Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Cypress

Age Of Conan freebie?

Anyone know if there is an AOC free trial? I couldn't find any sort of download on the official website. I've heard they make you buy the game but the first month (2 months?) is free to play.

If they expect you to front up the cash straight away does that mean they don't fancy their chances in keeping you hooked. The success of WoW and the like is that they get people hooked with free trials and then make their money from the user's continued addiction. How do they expect to compete with the likes of WoW and War if they can't give people a taste of the action.

Um... you have to buy WoW too if you want to play beyond the free trial of 10 days or whatever, which has extreme limitations built into the account.

Almost all MMO's are the same. You buy the game. Then you spend money each month to play the game.

Um... you have to buy WoW too if you want to play beyond the free trial of 10 days or whatever, which has extreme limitations built into the account.

Almost all MMO's are the same. You buy the game. Then you spend money each month to play the game.

That's my point. Free trials are great. They allow you to test out the game and see if it's everything you expected before making a decision to purchase. Sure it's only a 2 week trial but that's more than enough time. The MMO companies are obviously confident you will get hooked based on the quality of the game and continue on. AOC doesn't provide this trial which makes me a little skeptical they don't believe they have the same quality.

But thanks Vanne. I actually live in London but will hunt down a copy hoping it's half price :P

I wouldnt bother to be honest mate, its a pretty piss poor game, just feels dodgy from the moment you play it.

Sweet, sounds like I'll steer clear. Being an ex-WoWer I usually compare most MMO's too it and am disappointed. I'm working my way through the NWN2 series but I'm sick of the micro-management of looking after a party :P I'll go have a browse at my local comp shop, and probably end up taking GTAIV home.

Bullshit. The game is awesome and I have been playing daily since early access, May 07.

Sure the game has had a few glitches and problems over the previous year, but with the last few patches and the server merge which just recently went without drama, the game has really taken a step up. Plus the game won some award for MMO of the year, forget which website awarded that...

I believe I have some buddy keys on my account, I'll see what I can do to pass one on to you if you are seriously interested.

the only downside is that unless you can get a game install from a disk, there is a pretty hefty download before you can get in game (like a couple of GB). Best thing would be to find a friend with the game and either watch them play, or copy their folder onto a removable drive and transfer to your machine.

Oh, and the game is very demanding on resources - it is pretty graphics intensive and other stuff...

Edited by Antraman

Funny this comes up, Ive recently been looking into wow private servers.

I just downloaded WOTLK 10 day trial.

So going to see what thats like.

Bullshit. The game is awesome and I have been playing daily since early access, May 07.

Sure the game has had a few glitches and problems over the previous year, but with the last few patches and the server merge which just recently went without drama, the game has really taken a step up. Plus the game won some award for MMO of the year, forget which website awarded that...

I believe I have some buddy keys on my account, I'll see what I can do to pass one on to you if you are seriously interested.

the only downside is that unless you can get a game install from a disk, there is a pretty hefty download before you can get in game (like a couple of GB). Best thing would be to find a friend with the game and either watch them play, or copy their folder onto a removable drive and transfer to your machine.

Oh, and the game is very demanding on resources - it is pretty graphics intensive and other stuff...

I quit playing after i managed to glitch the best gear in the game and still get ripped to shreds in PvP by barbarians.

Funny this comes up, Ive recently been looking into wow private servers.

I just downloaded WOTLK 10 day trial.

So going to see what thats like.

Better than BC

Edited by Kastoli

stuff...

I quit playing after i managed to glitch the best gear in the game and still get ripped to shreds in PvP by barbarians.

Hang on, let me get this right...

You got purples by glitching the game, instead of learning to play the game as it was intended, nor learning how to play your character and win gear as a reward for accomplishing the objectives set in the game, then...

you complain about being beaten in pvp by other players...even when wearing good gear?

AoC players have a saying when encountering this kind of attitude: L2PorGBTW. Learn to play or go back to WoW.

Pretty harsh, I agree...but your experience (what was it, a month and a half at release?) is more of a reflection of you than it is of the game.

Edited by Antraman

stuff...

Hang on, let me get this right...

You got purples by glitching the game, instead of learning to play the game as it was intended, nor learning how to play your character and win gear as a reward for accomplishing the objectives set in the game, then...

you complain about being beaten in pvp by other players...even when wearing good gear?

AoC players have a saying when encountering this kind of attitude: L2PorGBTW. Learn to play or go back to WoW.

Pretty harsh, I agree...but your experience (what was it, a month and a half at release?) is more of a reflection of you than it is of the game.

Yip, couldn't agree more. When you say the best gear in the game are you talking about PvE gear from Raid's or PvP gear from Arena? Therein also lies your problem if you think the best PvE gear allows you to compete in PvP.

again i am interested, well after month download reset, is there any 10 day accounts for free ?

Yeah mate, I still have 3 free trial key invites available to give out. ssend me a pm with your email address and I'll pass your details onto Funcom.

cheers,

Antraman

Game name: Julius, Gwahlur server.

GB2WoW is standard in most MMO's that have semi-decent PvP for when you need to address someone who's obviously got retarded expectations.

Yeah, but I assume you have to purchase the client? And it comes with a month free... so, a good deal or no?

The longer you play, the less important the cost of the client becomes.

$29 at JB Hi-Fi? The game was $99 when it was released...

Love it thanks again, Using your friendly key until its over then using the key that came with the box hopefully if not Ill just fork out the 2 months.

Was Exactly what i was looking for so i went out and Bought it @ $29 JB-Hifi, If u like spending money go to EB Games where I saw it at $79.95 OUCH!

Happy as Larry Mate, Thanks as I never found any other MMO Theme appealing, Cranked AOC GFX up last night and was Uber happy with the results.

Maxed Out @ HD+ FullyBlown AAxAF = 35-60fps Depending on the current texture Streaming.

$$

So you guys who got keys - are you in game yet? Howzit going?

Edited by StoolSample

Yeah, I'm even thinking of hitting the plastic for this one...

I went with 2 game cards as I wasn't sure if I'd stay with Conan.

Now my second game card is about to die and I really do enjoy playing this game..

So I'm a seriously looking at you, my plastic card of doom >_>

Its been quite a while since I canceled my subscription so I don't know how much has changed since then but the thing that ruined it for me was once you left the initial "training grounds" after level 20 the story died and as you leveled higher the quests turned more to grinding and it just got boring. Every zone was instanced which meant if you wanted to group after lining it up in the main chat, chances were that the person you were talking to in that zone was probably in a different instance anyway and unable to.

The graphics were really nice and more mature content of the game made it really awesome to play at first but the longevity of the game just wasnt there for me.