Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
LogicprObe

Spill!

Apparently Brendon Nelson is about to throw the Liberal leadership open.

This will be interesting.

No link yet.

After some serious arm twisting on 60 minutes last night, Costello said that he would neither seek nor accept the Liberal party leadership. I think he's full of shit on that particular point.

If that's the case, then it's do or die for Costello.

Watched the interview last night - the sly prick denies he'll try for the leadership or PM again, but you just get the impression he's calculating his moves and might give it one more go.

If so, then this is excellent news for the Libs- they may now stand a chance at being a credible political force once again. So long as Nelson's in command, all they can be is a joke.

It's also good for the country as a whole- a competent opposition might make our government work a bit harder.

Apparently Brendon Nelson is about to throw the Liberal leadership open.

This will be interesting.

No link yet.

After some serious arm twisting on 60 minutes last night, Costello said that he would neither seek nor accept the Liberal party leadership. I think he's full of shit on that particular point.

Well, it's one way of making him put up or shut up!

Just saw it on ABC news....this is going to be interesting. The reporter said that he was expecting to win. Hmmmm.

Methinks Malcolm should go for it.

Just saw it on ABC news....this is going to be interesting. The reporter said that he was expecting to win. Hmmmm.

Not a fan of shonky Malcolm I'm afraid.

I'm not a liberal person either, but if I had to choose my favourite liberal, it would be him. But that's just because I like his republic stance :)

I'm not a liberal person either, but if I had to choose my favourite liberal, it would be him. But that's just because I like his republic stance :)

That's really not a good way to go when choosing our leaders, I reckon.

It's like voting for Bob Brown just cause he's a poof!

That's really not a good way to go when choosing our leaders, I reckon.

It's like voting for Bob Brown just cause he's a poof!

I know, but as I said, I don't support the Liberal party.

I think that this leadership spill will turn out to be a personality/popularity contest. Which is good, because the Libs don't have either of those :P

so much shuffling around lately. both parties

Politics is boring otherwise!

What?

You think they'd actually be doing something constructive if they weren't doing this shit?

I think that this leadership spill will turn out to be a personality/popularity contest. Which is good, because the Libs have any :P

You think the libs have any what?

I think that this leadership spill will turn out to be a personality/popularity contest. Which is good, because the Libs have any :P

Any :P

I dunno.......

Typo..my bad. Edited.

Well. Its. About. Bloody. Time!

What's Nelson these days? Mr 3% or something? Either he's living in la-la land thinking he'll be returned, or the rest of the party is if they actually do return him. Then again, I'm sure it's handy for whoever will be leader at election to let him keep on bumbling around for another year or so.

First time Nelson has shown some real kahoonas.

If he was going to sit in the shooting gallery waiting for someone to pull the trigger he had no hope of dodging the bullet.

Now he just might be given a real chance to be leader. The question remains, is there room on the shadowbenchs for both Nelson and Toombul?

Thinking about it again, maybe Costello will hold back.

If Turnbull takes the reins and subsequently makes a f/tool of himself, it opens the door for the party to virtually beg him into the job. And the way Federal politics works these days, that would be under a year down the track.

Kind of like the situation when Rudd took over - the only way was up.

I think that Rudd has two terms in him if he doesn't completely balls things up.

If Costello was to hang on, I'd bet it was until after the next election.

(which might be closer than we think if the Senate keeps acting up)