Sign in to follow this  
Catmosphere

where application login information for Citrix persists - or at least feeding passwords through .ica files

I'm going to try not to use the word "thingie" but there are a lot of things I don't know the correct terms to describe. My apologies - I will investigate further on any questions....anyway... here goes....

I'm trying to set up separate .ica files for about 4 applications that i need to run using Citrix. Anyway one piece of advice I had was to create my custom ICA application within the program neighbourhood and that should persist in a appsrv.ini somewhere. But I've searched all the drives I can think of and it doesn't seem to around anywhere as anything but the default file. None of the custom ICA apps seems to exist outside of the Citrix neighbourhood app.

The thing that I am specifically after though is the hashed password that I can apparently copy out of this neighbourhood file into the .ica file. And apparently the hashing algorithm is specific to Solaris? This doesn't really make sense to me as I thought that .ica files were plan text. It would be nice if I could feed a plain text password in via the .ica file - is there are a way to do this.

Ok, there are trees, there is a forest, am I barking up the right trees?

I don't know a thing about Solarius but yes the .ica file is just plain text. However there is an area in it to input an optional password which must be encrypted. If what you mean by hashing is to enter an encrypted password into the ICA file, use the Citrix ICA Client Remote Application Manager New Entry Wizard to create a remote application entry. When you are prompted for the username and password, enter the password that you want to use in the ICA file. Finish the New Entry wizard. Open the file APPSRV.INI and locate the entry you just created. Copy the password value and paste it into your ICA file.

Of course I've only checked this process in Windows.

I don't know a thing about Solarius but yes the .ica file is just plain text. However there is an area in it to input an optional password which must be encrypted. If what you mean by hashing is to enter an encrypted password into the ICA file, use the Citrix ICA Client Remote Application Manager New Entry Wizard to create a remote application entry. When you are prompted for the username and password, enter the password that you want to use in the ICA file. Finish the New Entry wizard. Open the file APPSRV.INI and locate the entry you just created. Copy the password value and paste it into your ICA file.

Of course I've only checked this process in Windows.

This is essentially what was suggested to me. But every single APPSRV.INI I can find on local and shared drives appears to be the default one and no additional information is stored in it. Which means this information must be resident somewhere else. I'm hoping someone might have suggestions as to where.. or an alternative method of hashing the password.

What version of the client are you using? Version 11 stores most of it's information in the registry nowadays. HKCU\Software\Citrix\ICA Client\Engine\Lockdown Profiles

More than likely your values will be under the All Regions\Lockdown area.