Sign in to follow this  
The Tick

Iphone 2.1 - Fixing Battery Consumption On An Iphone Near You

Considering there seems to be no mobile phone section I hope this is the right place for this.

So it seems that this firmware (among other bug fixes) is also targetting the shitty battery life.

I am hoping this will actually fix the phone without comprimising something else like reception.

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/122313,...and-itunes.aspx

Considering there seems to be no mobile phone section I hope this is the right place for this.

So it seems that this firmware (among other bug fixes) is also targetting the shitty battery life.

I am hoping this will actually fix the phone without comprimising something else like reception.

Typical apple, giving out as little info on the fixes as possible. Hopefully they have really done some major bug fixing to earn the 2.1 title as opossed to being a 2.0.3 update in reality.

Typical apple, giving out as little info on the fixes as possible. Hopefully they have really done some major bug fixing to earn the 2.1 title as opossed to being a 2.0.3 update in reality.

Yeah, although they have given some indication this time of what it is supposed to fix.

Battery life, backup time and less drop outs (although since moving to Telstra I haven't had a drop out).

I've had a lot of dropouts with Telstra, I've had to relegate it to a back up phone due to it being too flakey.

Are you using 2.02?

WTF???

Has happened to the forum?

I noticed my battery life improved after a few weeks of use, as the battery conditioned itself.

iTunes 8 is also out

Its a $10 upgrade for those kicking a Gen 1 iPhone or iPod Touch.

Jobs is also the only person who could charge you twice for software and get away with it :P

Jobs is also the only person who could charge you twice for software and get away with it :P

hmmm...

Win95 ---> $$$ ---> Win98 ---> $$$ ---> WinME

I beg to differ.

:P~~~

I've not had much issue with the battery life to be honest... 3G on, Wifi is looking out for new networks, mail is polling every so often, playing music all day.. how long do you expect it to last? With all that I still get more than a day out of it - I just charge it at night, when I resync my music for the next day.

I'll be honest I find battery life no so hot once a few calls come through in a day and a fix that doesn't compromise performance would be nice.

I am running 3G, wifi and bluetooth.

I still think this phone needs a profile's app. This would be the smarter way of quickly establishing what you need to run. Generally, wifi never gets turned off for me although I doubt I would need it in the car. Tie it in with the GPS and an auto profile setting (eg. work, home) and it would be incredibly useful.

Bastard - who said anything about this being a feature update?

Girvo - don't start me pal :P

Tick, I totally agree about the profiles app. One of the things that does make it tricky to manage the battery life on the iPhone is the difficulty of enabling or disabling battery-chewing features like bluetooth or wifi when they're not required.

Having watched an iPhone with 2.0.2 software run as a GPS for half an hour of constant use (was on a full charge) dwindle down to 50% battery, I think there is some tweaking to do.

That said, without WiFi and Bluetooth enabled, I've had it last for two-three days without need for a recharge. My average call use is 3-4 calls lasting about that same amount of time over the same period.

Guys - Is the iPhone 2.1 update out? I'm on 2.02, and I got iTunes 8.

Friday, probably US time so Saturday.

Settings> Wifi off.

Settings>General>Bluetooth Off

What's so hard about that?