Sign in to follow this  
p0is0n

Results after IFX-14 Upgrade

Hey all,

Just a quick post to advise that i recently upgraded from stock intel cooler to an IFX-14 as since summer has hit, my machine was getting a little toasty. As you will see I have a Q6600 and it was running at stock speed. I believe the results speak for themselves. Enjoy!

Any questions about the upgrade, feel free.

EDIT: This is idle temp sitting at the desktop.

Before:

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

Edited by p0is(+)n

Erm...I think that should be the case. Unless of course you installed one of those epic fail HSF which were reviewed on the Atomic mag some months ago.

Incase you wern't looking closely, the temp is around 20 degrees cooler, with a 1GHz overclock.

I might add that that result is passive and that I haven't attached a fan to the cooler. I don't have a 120 or 140 and I don't really think I need one.

(The system boots at 3.8GHz but Im happy to keep it at 3.4)

I live in perth. I might add that those temps are with the side of the case off.. but that doesn't make alot of difference. Its only a small case with 2 fans (Lian Li PC-7S).

Im really considering water cooling for my next machine, maybe beginning of next year.

Nice job!

At first I was wondering why the insignificant temp drop. Then I looked at the pics again and noticed the significant clock speed increase. LOL

Smashing.