Sign in to follow this  
sinistermachine

Which 24" LCDs sold in Aus/NZ have 1:1 pixel mapping?

So far I have only found the BENQ V2400W, which has lots of good reviews, but I don't really like the design of it so I want to see if there are any alternatives.

DVI+HDMI or 2x DVI inputs would be a requirement, so I can connect my PC and Freeview|HD box.

What kind of budget are you looking at, cheaper 6bit tn based screens or more expensive 8bit pva/ips based?

cheers

Grab the Dell 24" ips panel

It's great :)

Or my Mate just said Chimei... I don't know whether to beleive him or not though ;)

The dell 2408 are s-pva based, still a great screen though. I'm pretty sure chimei only make tn panels and they only use their own panels in their screens, so your not going to get a higher end product from them. They do make good value product though.

cheers

So far I have only found the BENQ V2400W, which has lots of good reviews, but I don't really like the design of it so I want to see if there are any alternatives.

DVI+HDMI or 2x DVI inputs would be a requirement, so I can connect my PC and Freeview|HD box.

If you can wait a bit then perhaps consider doing so as the market is about to receive a number of 16:9 aspect ratio panels. This is quite a bit more suited to your secondary use of HD tv than 16:10.

re: Dell 2408. This screen has issues that are fundamental to the panel and not just the software driving it. You will read about revA01 which is actually A00 with a new part number and blah blah blah. Someone here might even tell you about it but, a number of panels have brightness issues from one side of the screen to another, they also have a pink tinge on the left hand side that varies from slight to severe (in width). These are primarily down to the panel, not the software.

This monitor should be great and if you get one without these issues (A01 reduces input lag as does connecting via HDMI) then lovely, otherwise, enjoy the round-a-bout. And I'm speaking from experience. I'll add a 'two thumbs up' to Dell customer support though.

Stuff the 24" if you are willing to spend up to $1000.

Get the ViewSonic VX2835WM as it does 1:1 pixel mapping has 3ms refresh rate and is a great screen all in all. Otherwise just get the 24" BenQ, I have the 2400W for my PS3 (temporary) and its great.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check out the Dell, the 2408 is $999 so just inside my budget.

Wait it out. You can often find them for $800 on sale ;)

Stuff the 24" if you are willing to spend up to $1000.

Why? IF you've only got 1k to spend on a screen and are after quality, the 24" high end screens are what you'll be looking at. If you decide to grab the larger viewsonics you're buying an inferior product for the sake of a bigger viewing area (although it has exactly the same resolution, so it has a larger dot pitch).