Sign in to follow this  
index680i

Fear 2 - Demo.

sorry i was thinking of L4D, i dunno why i said EP1 steam has made my brain mushy.

worth every Mb, anyone know what steam are gonna retail it for, i want to start saving.

worth every Mb, anyone know what steam are gonna retail it for, i want to start saving.

id say either $50usd or about $65usd

some food for thought, I bought empire total war which isn't even released (and I know will be $100 here) for only $49usd which at the time worked out to be about $65AUD

Played this through on X360. Not bad, but seems to rely on rapid visual cuts to the "other side" far too often.

FEAR 1 was way more subtle, with Alma appearing in the corner of your vision, or an apparition fading away just as you round a corner.

This throws subtlety out the window and bludgeons you around the face.

Yeah but the player knows who Alma is now, and what she's doing... so there's not as much need for subtlety.

Plus it's a demo... I remember the FEAR demo being different from the actual game, too.

Yeah but the player knows who Alma is now, and what she's doing... so there's not as much need for subtlety.

Plus it's a demo... I remember the FEAR demo being different from the actual game, too.

This is true...still, I'm likely to pick this up, but probably once it's < $50.

i know gta4 on steam is 49, and retail is near 100, so im hoping similar, but regardless of cost i'll be getting this within a month of release, see this is why i love demos, sure you can watch all the youtubes of game play you can handle, but untill you play a game first hand you just cant be sure, plus demos give you an idea of hardware specs needed, i know i can play this, unlike gta4, which is slow, so i know i will buy this.

There is always room for subtlety

I'm hoping that they did the same thing with this demo as they did with the original fear, throw a few different levels together into one level and let the player experience most of the things theyre going to get in the full game.

The bit in the dark corridor scared the crap outta me, freaky imo.

There is always room for subtlety

There's room, yeah, but not as much need for it in this game as the previous one.

I liked that bit, it looked quite cool with all the flickering lights and shit. :)

Why are you people complaining about the widescreen format, I seriously think its not a problem lol.

22inch yeahhh!

/Runs!

Yeah you have a 16:10 monitor... which is VERY minimal, try playing it on a fullscreen 4:3/5:4 monitor and we'll see who has a problem.

A THIRD of the screen is black bars.

It's fuckin' not on...

EDIT: As for the 3850 guy, I get ~70fps on my stock 3870, graphics maxed (no AA), 1280x1024, so you shouldn't have too many problems.

Dude you have made mistakes here. I have played games on a 17inch that had black bars in a 16:10 Ratio on a standard 4:3/5:4. I had no problem with it, I liked it actually cause I thought I was playing in a movie. King Kong I think it was.

As the for the graphics, I can run it maxed all AA and AF on my 8800GTS320MB with no lag except for loading pauses but happen to other people with more powerful systems.

I don't know about you but I can't recall how many times my heart was beating real fast because of that bit. I jumped out of my chair twice in nearly every horror spot man, I was pwned.

The loading pauses are a bit of a kick in the pants imo. Hope they fix it, or hope its just a driver issue or something, coz running a system with a 1gb graphics card and 4gb of system ram, you wouldnt expect loading pauses in something like that...especially how close together they are.

Why are you people complaining about the widescreen format, I seriously think its not a problem lol.

22inch yeahhh!

/Runs!

Yeah you have a 16:10 monitor... which is VERY minimal, try playing it on a fullscreen 4:3/5:4 monitor and we'll see who has a problem.

It's fuckin' not on...

EDIT: As for the 3850 guy, I get ~70fps on my stock 3870, graphics maxed (no AA), 1280x1024, so you shouldn't have too many problems.

Dude you have made mistakes here. I have played games on a 17inch that had black bars in a 16:10 Ratio on a standard 4:3/5:4. I had no problem with it, I liked it actually cause I thought I was playing in a movie. King Kong I think it was.

As the for the graphics, I can run it maxed all AA and AF on my 8800GTS320MB with no lag except for loading pauses but happen to other people with more powerful systems.

JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH SOMETHING DOESN'T MEAN OTHER PEOPLE HAVE TO LIKE IT.

For fucks sake.

22inch yeahhh!

/Runs!

It's fuckin' not on...

HAHA?! I have made mistakes because it differs from your personal preference? Get fucking real Index.

If you ever think you're playing a movie, you're a fucking idiot.

It's a huge issue, and almost everybody on the FEAR 2 forums is complaining about it and asking for it to be fixed.

Edited by Reb1rth.

CONTINUITY ERROR!

the chopper you are picked up in at the end of FEAR is a blackhawk, the one you step out of at the beginning of FEAR2 is a Hind.

your feet still don't move when you turn..... FAIL.... why bother putting something in for immersion, then have it break it???

on another note it is a big improvement over fear 1 for me, which I felt had really lifeless levels.

Also if you have a g15 it displays your ammo, health and armour on the LCD.

22inch yeahhh!

/Runs!

It's fuckin' not on...

JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH SOMETHING DOESN'T MEAN OTHER PEOPLE HAVE TO LIKE IT.

For fucks sake.

lol.

+1

Edited by nukejockey

That was a fun little demo... Hasn't got me quite as excited as the original F.E.A.R. demo.. (that had me pre-ordering from EB within minutes of starting the demo that did!)... and it made me kind of gasp/jump a few times over here with my phones on... Wife is working on selection criteria on her lappy at the table behind me... seh's probably wondering wtf is up with my erratic breathing and periodic grunts of *ahhh* and *fffffuckk*...

Not as scary as watching Ju-On by myself in the middle of the night in a creaky old queenslander all those years ago... but a little scary...

I'll get this game for sure, but I am not busting a nut over it like a did a few years ago....

I hope I can get my G15 and G9 working in Windows 7 soo. Then I'll be happy.

And Index... think about it dude... the widescreen aspect ration is designed for 16:10 or 16:9 monitors, not 4:3. Most people here on this forum don't live out of mumsy's and stepdadsy's purses and have living expenses etc so they don't have the expendible 'pocket money' you have to go out and buy the latest toys just because that's what was in the latest atomic magazine... not everyone has a widescreen monitor and obviously those that don't should be able to play this game without letterboxing black borders...

That said.... I know from experience this guy and his bf get their g-strings in a twist as soon as someone points out that what's a problem for some isn't always a problem for others and there's really no need for the caps an the f word now is there?

I suppose Index is just an easy target because he says some of the dumbest things ever spoken, right here, on AtomicMPC...

He makes the place famous you see.