Sign in to follow this  
smakme7757

What brand is your wireless router?

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your wireless routers manufacturer?

• Linksys
    • D-link
    • Netgear
    • Apple
    • Belkin
    • TP-Link
    • Billion
    • Netcomm
    • Other

TP-Link TD-W8920G router/modem. Replaced a Billion 7404 VGP which hated my crappy phoneline and needed at least daily resets.

Well I have a linksys voice box/wired router. So I don't really have a wireless router, but when I brought my lappy I also purchased a linksys wireless access point. Both where the easiest to set up I have yet come across, and never give a moments trouble.

But I have installed several linksys wireless routers now and I have nothing but praise for them, from their easy to use interface, to their security and reliability.

Edited by bowiee

netgear W834g v4 and i hate it, its stupid and fails alot, but i cant take it back, i lost my recipt, and i cant afford a new one.

Bear in mind that just because a bunch of people run a certain brand of hardware doesn't mean they're necessarily happy with it.

Bear in mind that just because a bunch of people run a certain brand of hardware doesn't mean they're necessarily happy with it.

yeah. I like my TP-Link router, but sometimes I play with other people's routers and see all the fancy features and get the urge to change.

in the end, you gotta ask yourself what features you really need or want.

Run linksys, don't like it. When I get some cash together, i will get a draytec 28xx or a cisco 800series or something...

I've been running a Billion 7402VGP for about 3.5 years. Had some ups and downs with firmware.. currently it's rock solid, but some previous firmware versions have been a complete trainwreck.

Oh, apart from the VoIP ports dying about a year or so back, I guess I'm happy with it. Does everything I need - apart from VoIP.

Would I buy a similar model in the future? Maybe - but I'd have to take a look at alternatives..

Netgear DG834G here... no problems with it, does what it is supposed to do, but the Netgear wireless NIC (WG311v3) I'm using is rather crappy.

2-Wire. It came with my internet connection. I'd rather have something by Linksys, but that probably won't happen any time soon QQ