Sign in to follow this  
daleyboy79

Speaker Suggestions

Gday atomicans,

Looking to upgrade my speaker setup, I currently have an old altec lansing 5.1 setup thats over 5yrs old and is seriously lacking any grunt.

So far i havent really found anything to match the value of the z5500's ($325 with a 4gb USB key thrown in) , so i was just wondering if anyone can suggest anything better for around the $500 mark?

They will be run off an X-Fi Platinum (and i also have the 5 1/4 inch bay drive with the optical in/out) and there main use will be music and movies as i mainly use headphones for gaming.

Thx in advance

Depends on what kind approach you want to take to your system, if you want something straight out of the box then the z5500's are damn hard to beat for their features @ 300ish. If however you are prepared to spend more in the future then consider saving a little more, grab a 5.1/7.1 amp and 2x book shelf speakers and gradually add more speakers as you have the cash. You'll end up with a high quality system that the z5500's can't even dream of matching, your choice though.

cheers

So far i havent really found anything to match the value of the z5500's ($325 with a 4gb USB key thrown in)

Shit, that's not bad!

/puts on to buy list

I actually ended up getting them for $305 + 3% surcharge for the Credit Card .. no usb key though

They were the last in stock from where i got em (one of the shops above the capitol theatre in sydney) and the bloke said that the prices have all gone up now due to the value of the Aussie dollar going back down