Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Wilkshake

Send in a Guitar for Waranty, Get a Drum-Kit Back

My wireless guitar which came with Guitar Hero:WT bit the dust, and so I had to go through the process again of sending in a piece of equipment for warranty (red pad on the drum-kit died two days after getting the game).

And so I sent off my guitar, lucky that I already had both my GH2 and 3 controlers working.

I arrive home this afternoon to find a large package waiting for me. I lift it up, but it seems a little bit too heavy for one guitar. The label on the side says that it's a wireless guitar, so the weight still perplexed me.

I open it up, only to find that the boffins at Activision Support have sent me another drum-kit, complete with pads, cymbals, stand and microphone.

I would have thought that someone would have taken a look at it before they decided to stick in in the post back to me.

My wireless guitar which came with Guitar Hero:WT bit the dust, and so I had to go through the process again of sending in a piece of equipment for warranty (red pad on the drum-kit died two days after getting the game).

And so I sent off my guitar, lucky that I already had both my GH2 and 3 controlers working.

I arrive home this afternoon to find a large package waiting for me. I lift it up, but it seems a little bit too heavy for one guitar. The label on the side says that it's a wireless guitar, so the weight still perplexed me.

I open it up, only to find that the boffins at Activision Support have sent me another drum-kit, complete with pads, cymbals, stand and microphone.

I would have thought that someone would have taken a look at it before they decided to stick in in the post back to me.

Jokes on you, it's a refurb dud :P

Jokes on you, it's a refurb dud :P

enjoy your slightly dodgy new drum kit ;)

LOL! Are you serious??? And i thought i was the only one!!!

EXACT same thing happened to me just before Chrissy. It then took me 3 weeks to be able to contact Activision in order to determine what i should do to get my guitar. they said send back the Drum kit and they will send me the guitar. True to their word, 2 days later i had recieved my guitar (this was last Thursday), and i sent the Drum kit back to them that arvo. The VERY next day (Friday) i recieved ANOTHER Drumkit, and again on monday i have recieved another. So i currently have a 3 Drum kits for my Guitar Hero, and i am waiting to get home today to see if they have, for no reason at all, sent me out a 4th Drumkit to add to my collection ;)

Ohhh, and i have not signed for one of these Drum kits when they have been dropped off :P

Well done Activision. You sure know how to run a RMA department!!! :D :D :D

Edited by msolok

How long did it take to get your instruments back? As I need to send my guitar back... I filled out the forms like at the start of this month, but haven't gotten around to sending it yet... :/

Also do I HAVE to print out the little RMA reply post thingo? Because I don't have a printer. :/

Drum kit broke in november and took them a month to send another one back.

Guitar was sent about a 10 days before the 2nd drum kit arrived.

EXACT same thing happened to me just before Chrissy. It then took me 3 weeks to be able to contact Activision in order to determine what i should do to get my guitar. they said send back the Drum kit and they will send me the guitar. True to their word, 2 days later i had recieved my guitar (this was last Thursday), and i sent the Drum kit back to them that arvo. The VERY next day (Friday) i recieved ANOTHER Drumkit, and again on monday i have recieved another. So i currently have a 3 Drum kits for my Guitar Hero, and i am waiting to get home today to see if they have, for no reason at all, sent me out a 4th Drumkit to add to my collection ;)

Ohhh, and i have not signed for one of these Drum kits when they have been dropped off :P

Is it for 360?

WTB: Spare drum kit.

'

Is it for 360?

'

I'll buy the other one :)

No seriously i din't buyt the complete kit cause I didn't want another guitar or mic.. I just wanted the drums!

I wonder if fewer people will still be learning to play real guitar in ten years' time?

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure your spam will still be hanging around like a bad smell in ten years.

Is it for 360?

'

Yep, it is for 360. I'm going to wait a little while to see if Activision ask for them back (which i highly doubt as they seem incapable of tracking such things) and then try and sell them.

Are any of these spare drum kits for the wii?

Because i would REALLY like to get my hands on just a drum kit of the wii.

PM if you're interested in selling.

seems that if they repackaged the game with just the drumkit or sold the drumkit seperatly they would make a fair bit of $$

seems that if they repackaged the game with just the drumkit or sold the drumkit seperatly they would make a fair bit of $$

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/01/30/guitar-h...eb-15-priced-a/

Attention virtual rockers, Neversoft has announced that the Guitar Hero World Tour drum set will finally be available as a standalone product beginning February 15. The drums will come at a price of $100 -- $10 more than the Rock Band 2 drums -- and will be available at Best Buy and GameStop. Unfortunately, this only applies to North America, as Neversoft notes the drums will arrive in Europe and Australia "at a later date."

Sooo....some time after Feb 15th...

Wonder if Morris has heard any word of this?