Sign in to follow this  
sm1ddy

Wall me up!

Hi All

Any ideas on good firewalls?

I have a laptop which I roam a lot with but have only been currently using windows firewall and a copy of nod32 AV. I keep a close eye on what goes on in my pc but I should probably have a firewall, any good recommendations?

I've been using BlackICE for a few years, I find it good and intuitive with the options etc. easy to setup and all that and it works.

I used Outpost on my old computer, and found it to be quite good. Mind you, as I haven't used a firewall for the past year or two, I've no idea as to whether it's still good or not.

I've been using BlackICE for a few years, I find it good and intuitive with the options etc. easy to setup and all that and it works.

BlackICE has been discontinued.

IBM Internet Security Systems has announced the End of Life for BlackICE PC Protection (formerly known as BlackICE Defender) and BlackICE Server Protection (formerly known as BlackICE Defender for Server). The End of Sale date for these products is September 19, 2007. You will not be able to purchase BlackICE products after this date. We will update and support BlackICE products until September 29, 2008. These products will not be supported after September 29th, 2008.

If you're using NOD32, which version is it? You might be able to get the package (ESS I think it's called) which includes a firewall (for free). I think that would be fine.

BlackICE has been discontinued.

IBM Internet Security Systems has announced the End of Life for BlackICE PC Protection (formerly known as BlackICE Defender) and BlackICE Server Protection (formerly known as BlackICE Defender for Server). The End of Sale date for these products is September 19, 2007. You will not be able to purchase BlackICE products after this date. We will update and support BlackICE products until September 29, 2008. These products will not be supported after September 29th, 2008.

Thanks for that didn't know support was ending so soon.