Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Rybags

The Vintage Computer and Console Census

What old computers and consoles do people have?

List what you've got, and a brief description of the collection surrounding it.

Omit any PC that's Pentium original era or newer, and any Mac that's PowerPC architecture (c~ 1994) or newer.

Also omit anything newer than PS2, Gamecube or Xbox 1.

May as well include handhelds - only include anything that runs cartridges or other media, and older than the Gameboy Advance.

Mine:

Consoles:

Atari 7800 - grabbed this one on eBay. Only 2 7800 games (Asteroids built-in and Pole Position 2 on cart). Several 2600 cartridges.

Playstation 1 - 2 machines, first one kinda out of order. Several original games including Abes Oddworld/Exodus and Doom.

Amiga CD32 - awaiting a proper controller for it, or I might just build one. No original software but plenty of ISOs ready to burn.

Handheld:

Atari Lynx - works fairly well, screen a bit dim. Several games.

Gameboy (original) - picked it up for about 3 bucks. Unsure if it works properly. No games.

Computers:

Atari 800XL, 130XE and XEGs - the 130XE is 128K RAM, other 2 are 64K machines. Modded the 130XE with inbuilt APE interface which allows it to interface with the PC (APE software emulates external peripherals like floppy drives).

Commodore 64 - standard machine with a missing Shift key. Also got a 1541 floppy drive.

Amiga 500 - 3 machines, all with 1 meg RAM.

Atari 1040ST-FM - 1 meg RAM, also got the monochrome monitor and a huge external 30 meg 5.25 inch HDD.

Mac Quadra - 68040 model. Played with it for about 3 days, been gathering dust ever since.

Sadly, I recently chucked out a bunch of old hardware that was sitting there gathering dust.

This is what I have left (off the top of my head):

NES + games incl DD3

SNES + games incl DKC and SF2

N64 + games incl Goldeneye and The New Tetris

PSX + games incl GT

2*GameGear + games incl Dragon Crystal and Lemmings

Gameboy / Pocket / Colour + games

Amiga 500 w/ 1meg upgrade (hell yeah) - Also have a shitload of games but dont know where they are.

SNES - Maximum Carnage and Mario All-stars are the only carts I can find

Atari 2600 - Have about 20 or so games (chopper command rocks!)

I've also owned a Master System, PSX and Dreamcast but have nfi where they are.

I want my Crazy Taxi and Powerstone 2 :(

I still have a Sinclair Spectrum ZX81 and a Commodore VIC20 at my Dad's house. Pretty sure there's still a Sega Master System there too.

Consoles:

* NTSC/JPN Dreamcast

* NTSC/JPN Super Famicom

* NTSC/JPN Nintendo "Ultra64"

* 64DD Ultra64 Add-on

<3 thread idea.

I guess the only thing I have that would classify as console and vintage would be my Sega Master System II. Need to get to Jaycar or somesuch to pick up a new AC adaptor for it though, and I think I have about 6-8 games for it in storage.

I have two Merlins as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merlin_(game)

Both are untested, 'though I am pretty certain both are faulty. I'll find the time someday to take them apart and see if I can do something to remedy that. I loved my Merlin dearly.

My sister has a Sega Megadrive (not sure whether I or II) as well which should still be operational.

SNES Console with

-Addams Family

-Earthworm Jim 2

-Super Mario Kart

-Super Mario All Stars

-Stunt Race FX

-KidClown in CrazyChase

-I know there's a bunch more, but CBF checking right now.

Nintendo 64 with

-Pokemon Stadium (1+2)

-Pokemon Snap

-Starfox 64

-Super Mario 64

-Mario Kart 64 (owned it, it's around the house somewhere)

-Donkey Kong 64

-also more, but cbf checking

Both in working condition. I was thinking of buying my cousin's Sega MegaDrive off him, cause he doesn't play it and it's gathering dust at his place. I also want to repair their NES, so my other cousin can play it, and then one day I can get it.

Sadly my old stuff mostly kicked the bucket. I've owned:

Amiga 500 V1.3 512k + 512k modded to 1mb Chip

Amiga 500 V2.0 1mb+7mb With 40MB HDD

Amiga 1200 V3.1 2mb+14mb 700mb HDD CD-ROM 68030 Accelerated

Playstation 1

Sadly my old stuff mostly kicked the bucket. I've owned:

Amiga 500 V1.3 512k + 512k modded to 1mb Chip

Amiga 500 V2.0 1mb+7mb With 40MB HDD

Amiga 1200 V3.1 2mb+14mb 700mb HDD CD-ROM 68030 Accelerated

Playstation 1

So you've gotten rid of them all, or they all don't work anymore, or some still going strong?

I regret selling my PlayStation. I'm more dissatisfied that one of my Metal Gear Solid discs was stolen, so all I have left from the PlayStation is half a game.

My Playstation died. Hooray for back compat on the PS2 :)

My first 500 is still at my folks place somewhere. I dunno if it works anymore.

My v2.0 Amiga was sold to a mate to fund a Playstation.

My 1200 was sold to someone who needed an Amiga for some project or another. I really regret that one.

My Playstation died. Hooray for back compat on the PS2 :)

My first 500 is still at my folks place somewhere. I dunno if it works anymore.

My v2.0 Amiga was sold to a mate to fund a Playstation.

My 1200 was sold to someone who needed an Amiga for some project or another. I really regret that one.

Ah bummer.

I'm going to make a point of not getting rid of any of my consoles, as I've burnt myself by getting rid of the PlayStation and don't want a repeat of that.

To think I never wanted the PlayStation...I begged and pleaded that my Dad get me a Nintendo 64, but he wouldn't budge and bought a PlayStation, and I was chuffed.

At least my Dad had some common sense on that one - every man and his dog had an N64, hence I wanted one. Once I got my PlayStation and a few of the other kids around tried it out everyone was begging their parents to sell their N64s and buy them a PlayStation. :)

N64 with 8 damn controllers, 3 are still good. and a PS1, though im much more fond of my 64 and its massive library of games. My friend has a Snes and a commodore 64 though.

I saw an awesome project on the net to turn NES controllers into phones... maybe I should get one off you!

Emulation has more or less replaced the need for me having all of these, but for one reason or another, I have kept most of them.

Atari 2600 - still worked last time I checked, it is in a chest in the shed at home with mum and dad. A few cartridges are still there, but I don't know which ones. It has wood grain paneling, ala http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Atari2600a.JPG .

My grandparents have some bloody console that is pre-Atari era, it only has pong (in extreme black and white!) on it though. I don't know what it is called, but it certainly still works.

Commodore 64, with non-working tape drive :( - Still worked last time I checked, which admittedly was some time ago. It's in the same chest as the Atari 2600. Most of my 5.25" floppies are long gone however. The good news is that one of the greatest footy games of all time, International Soccer ( http://homepages.tesco.net/~parsonsp/html/...nal_soccer.html ) still works!

Amiga 500 - my cousin now has it. It was originally her mothers, who passed away, and thus the amiga has become somewhat of a remembrance shrine. Still works, and still gets used. Heaps and heaps of floppies still around and working for it, including Defender of the Crown and North and South, 2 of my fave games of all time. Also have Lost Vikings, Titus the Fox, Fire and Ice... ahhh, too many to list.

NES- still worked last time I checked, but that was farkin' ages ago. In fact, mum and dad may have even given it away since then. Among others, I had Duck Hunt + Gun, and the greatest side scrolling beat 'em up of all time, Double Dragon II.

Master System II - I have this here with me now, and it definitely still works. Alex Kidd is still grouse, and Ayrton Senna's (R.I.P.) F1 still rocks my socks, and is responsible for my love of racing games.

SNES- Recently recovered from its caretaker, and apparently still works, though my Mortal Kombat 1 and 3 cartridges don't. I''m also missing my controllers for some reason. It too resides in the same chest at home with mum and dad. Rock'n'Roll racing remains one of top games of all time.

Mega Drive - long gone. Sold it to a friend to obtain $$ for more SNES games. Never really regretted selling it.

Was caretaker of a Dreamcast for around 3 months. The guy who owned it offered it to me with a VMU, controllers and a handful of games for I think, $400 around the time the PS1 came out, and I turned it down because I wanted the sony so bad (see below). Have regretted that decision ever since.

Playstation 1, phat - Launch day console, which I bought off a friend sometime later, when the N64 was nearly out, as he needed the funds. Bought it with Battle Arena Toshinden and Actua Soccer 1, which blew my fuckin' mind the first time I saw it. I remember running home to tell mum about this footy game I had seen, that had commentary, and a 3d rotating camera that made me kick the ball the wrong way hehe. Only works when it is upside down, and has been that way for quiet some time.

N64 - my little bro still has it, though it sure doesn't get used, and I'm not sure if it even works anymore.

I have never owned a handheld.

PS - can anyone see my avatar?

Oh, i didnt know we were counting handhelds. When i was 6 or 7 i cant remember and my mum bought me a red gameboy with pokemon red. i had my first ever boner. I still have this now, but also an advanced and a library of games.