Sign in to follow this  
cooldude

BEST MONITOR 4 GAMING

hey peoples.

just wondering what is the best monitor atm liiek something around 22-24inch.. and budget is 1k.

i mostly play wow.

kinda leaning towards that dell 2408 atm.. anythign better?

also are they any new good ones from samsung? because i kinda get a little more discount with that brand.

thanks

Edited by cooldude

BRO YOU TOTALLY NEED A 24 INCH SCREEN FOR WOW

AND DEFINITELY SPEND ALL $1000 ON A 24 INCH SCREEN IT'S WORTH IT

YOU WILL HAVE TO TALK LOUDER I AM WEARING A TOWEL :D Posted Image

Edited by bowiee

SOUNDS SWEET!

OH! SORRY!

<flicks off cruise control>

Honestly, don't buy a Dell 24 for the sake of it, get a samsung, I have used both and prefer the samsungs.

Also, $500 to $650 should more than cover the monitor cost, so don't pay $1000 just because you can.

The Dell uses a Samsung screen...

Mind you, I haven't been able to find a 'Samsung' badged screen that uses the same s-pva panel

HOWEVER, am using the Samsung 2493HM and loving it- had been lining up the Dell, but couldn't justify the extra cost

i can sell you a samsung monitor for $999.99

cost: $450

Sell: $999.99

Profit: $549.99

Comments: I win!

nah serious talk.

I would go with samsung monitors.. all my screens at home are samsung

2x22" lcd screens for pc

1x46" samsung

1x40" samsung

1x 30" samsung

and they all preform well.. oh and i also have a benq 22" and that's good to..

Dude serious? 1k?

I just got me a LG Flatron 22" w2252TQ for $250. 1680/1050. Full HDCP compliant. Just watched Matrix in Blu Ray on it and it looked fantastic. Also playing Fallout 3 on it and it looks . . . fantstic. No need for anything more. Also dont forget that the higher the native resolution of your monitor the more powerful your graphics card will need to be especially if you want to play games at its native resolution and have the graphics settings at a decent level. And again, some games just dont support the crazy high resolutions of some big monitors.

do your homework. size is not always the best indicator of performance . . . (pipe down you lot).

Dude serious? 1k?

I just got me a LG Flatron 22" w2252TQ for $250. 1680/1050. Full HDCP compliant. Just watched Matrix in Blu Ray on it and it looked fantastic. Also playing Fallout 3 on it and it looks . . . fantstic. No need for anything more. Also dont forget that the higher the native resolution of your monitor the more powerful your graphics card will need to be especially if you want to play games at its native resolution and have the graphics settings at a decent level. And again, some games just dont support the crazy high resolutions of some big monitors.

do your homework. size is not always the best indicator of performance . . . (pipe down you lot).

Giggle....

haha seriously I have to agree, 1k for a monitor is a bit harsh, just because it's a dell.

Edited by Viperxtx

1k for a single monitor? Going to play anything other than WoW?

As has been said - you can get a decent-good 24" for <$700. If you feel the need to spend the rest, get a new graphics card, quality chair, good speakers, whatever to enhance the experience.

IMHO for gaming 22" is enough - especially if you plan to LAN. Also, make sure whatever you get will allow non-widescreen resolutions to be displayed at their native ratio (ie. black bars on the sides for 5:4 resolutions).