Sign in to follow this  
p1cwh0r3

Samsung 226BW with a small ripple in the bottom right corner

Just noticed it today when watching a movie. I'm not sure if it's related to the stinking hot day we had but I'd like to know what others think. Click the images for larger pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see it's really only noticeable when the screen is dark.

Posted Image

I'm not much of a visuophile so the back light bleed doesn't really bother me I'm just wondering if it is warping from the heat and/or is the screen on it's way out?

Thanks for any help.

I have never seen anything like that before, I take it that the monitor is not subject to direct sunlight through you window ? I think your guess that it is heat related could be on the money, how hot is it where you are ?

Maybe try pointing a fan at it and or checking if it is still there in the cool of the night, of course the damage may already be permanent.

If is is the heat i guess it could be the metal frame from the lcd screen its self expanding and putting pressure on the perspexie type material.?? i dunno its just a guess.

No direct sunlight, although the room does get stinking hot as there's massive windows that makes it act like a greenhouse... heh maybe I could work on water cooling for LCD screens...

The effect is still there even when it's cold. Hopefully it stays in that corner otherwise I'll be on the hunt for a new LCD.

Has it only just happened> Because that looks like something fucked up in manufacturing to me

The screen is over 1 1/2 years old. The condition when I got it was perfect. It's only happened recently.

take it back to where you bought it for warranty

As far as I know the warranty has expired(See above time frame)

Edited by p1cwh0r3

Samsung's warranty on this model as far as I understand, is:

Limited Warranty:

36 months parts; 36 months labor

Call them :)

Samsung that is. Not the retailer.

Edited by datafast69