Sign in to follow this  
deuce_23

audio problems

Please help I use team speak 2 to chat with my team when i play cod4 and cod 5. When i talk they say they can barely hear me and the game sounds are over bearing when i talk. I turn the game sound right down to the point where i cant hear the game. I can be heard then on team speak but they all say its very quiet. I went in to my hd realtek sound manager and turned up the setting for my mic as high as it would go. Still hasnt helped. I am using headphones when i use team speak. I have tried not using the head phones just the mic with little to no improvement.

the head phones i have are the fatality f1 and the sound card is the hd realtek which comes with the foxconn black ops mb.

I am out of ideas i have tried reinstalling. As a last resort i may have to purchase a new sound card.

Please Help

Having never used that, I'm only guessing here.

In sounds/advanced in Control Panel, is it set for phones?

If it's set for surround, that may cause it.

You need to adjust your volumes in Teamspeak. Not sure where the settings are as I use Ventrilo.

In Vent you go to setup and adjust the inbound and outbound volumes under amplifier. This sets the speaker and mic volumes completely independently of the windows and game volume controls.

Having never used that, I'm only guessing here.

In sounds/advanced in Control Panel, is it set for phones?

If it's set for surround, that may cause it.

I have the settings adjusted for headphones triple checked

You need to adjust your volumes in Teamspeak. Not sure where the settings are as I use Ventrilo.

In Vent you go to setup and adjust the inbound and outbound volumes under amplifier. This sets the speaker and mic volumes completely independently of the windows and game volume controls.

HI there is no adjustment for the mic in team speak i guess we may have to use ventrilo.

There is only one adjustment for line in aka mic and its on maximum and there is no other way to boost it.

But why can my team mates hear the game over me talking when im wearing head phones

Is your mouth close enough to the mic?

Yes my mouth is near the mic that doesnt explain why they can hear my game in team speak